I am the Founder and Director of Brooklyn Center for Mindfulness and Psychotherapy.
I am a Licensed Social Worker, Licensed Art Therapist, Psychotherapist and Coach. I am passionate about helping individuals conquer anxiety, addiction, stress and working through perinatal mood disorders. My approach is warm, eclectic, emphatic, compassionate and solution-oriented. My mission is to help individuals overcome obstacles, improve relationships and lead a gratifying and joyful life! I combine evidence based cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), and dialectic behavioral therapy (DBT) to help individuals cope with emotional distress. Also, I draw from mindfulness, meditation, hypnotherapy, art therapy and trauma focused approaches to best tailor treatment.
In addition to running my psychotherapy practice, I have taught at Brooklyn College and been a guest lecturer at Long Island University, Touro College, and Pace University. I provide professional workshops and trainings to medical practices and local organizations. I have been a speaker at conferences including Postpartum Support International annual conference. I am also a coordinator and group facilitator at Postpartum Support International, as well as a co leader at International Cesarean Support Network Manhattan Chapter.
- BA Psychology, Art Tufts University
- MA Clinical Art Therapy and Mental Health Counseling, Long Island University
- MSW Silbermans School of Social Work
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy Certification
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Training
- Mindfulness based Stress Reduction
- Cognitive Processing Therapy
To make and appointment with Liza CLICK HERE.